• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Res Inlets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froz

I'm sealing up my res so I'm nervous about screwing it up ;) I have three lines coming back from my computer to go into the res. I'm trying to figure out if I want to place the barbs on the top, farthest away from the pump outlets, or on the side-partially down the wall, in case the res isn't completely full and you don't want water to "drip" into it. Here's a pic:
ResQ.jpg

Blue = Barbs sticking out of the top, red = barbs poking out of the side. The current caps are for filling and draining. The pump outlets are located on the bottom righthand side. I used plastic expoxy and then sealed the whole thing on the inside w/silicone.

It's not perfect but it's a close 6x6x6 cube.

Does anyone see benifits/drawbacks of the either of the two placements?
Thanks,
Froz

What I did to counter-act the "dripping" water effect was install my return line on the lid of my reservoir - and on the threaded end of the barb, I put a small piece of hose on that extends down below the water-line.

Yeah, i was looking at the fill cap and as long as it's threads are higher than the threads of the inlet barbs it shouldn't be a problem. Although I"ll need to widen the margin a bit. I don't think there is anything thermally different between the two, I'm just trying to minimize bubble making and having the hotter water get sucked back into the pump right away.

Well personally I don't think its going to matter. If it goes through the radiator before, or just after it hits the res, things should be fine. Your water is going to end up the same temp in the end.

Back