• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Media player, a dvd, a tv and one annoyed gorilly...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gorilly

i have a R9800pro i enable a second (clone) screen (my tv, running from the S-Video out). Everything shows up fine but when i play a dvd the media player box is blank. i can see the movie running fine on my pc monitor... it just doesnt show up on my TV...

WHY?!?! :bang head all i want to do is watch the sodding sopranos!

is it some sort of block to stop you recording?

if so anyone know of any ways round this or any patches or alternative free programs... thanks...

The ATIs have some kind of funky settings in the software that you have to play around with in order to able the second output. I forget exactly where it was, but on the ATIs at work, we had to screw around with it for quite a while before we figured it out when we were doing dual monitors.The settings are in the little control panel that says ATI in your systray (if you installed it) Sorry, but maybe somebody else can be more specific.

Display properties->advanced->display

..then make sure the tv is set a the primary display..

..it's all about how overlay can only be on one screen..

Veland said:
Display properties->advanced->display

..then make sure the tv is set a the primary display..

..it's all about how overlay can only be on one screen..

explain yourself...

thanks for the help mate

I find the easest way is to get the picture on the tv and then go into display properties then click the monitor tab and set the refresh rate to 60hz, and hey presto instead of the black picture you can see it.

sill not having any of it... ive gone intot he ati pannel and displays and tried to set it up all i get is a black screen maybe its a duff cable... if anyone wants to write me a step by step guide id be happy. btw i have the omega drivers so yes they are a little different to the ati ones(i think)

oh come on now folks. i would think someone could mess with the overlay options in the catalyst drivers!
Properties->settings->advanced
radeon catalyst setup
overlay->clone mode options
in there you set the TV to do whatever you want. i have it setup so that if someone wants to watch anime i just play the media minimized and it shows up full screened on the TV. that way i can continue to post on message boards :D i first ran across this on an nvidia card (my old ti4200 R.I.P.) nvidia actually has a more complicated setup to do that. ati has the easiest way to do it that i have seen.

cheers mate, me good 'ol MX440 was really easy to set up dual screen, i think i might ditch the omega drivers and get the ati CAT drivers

Did you try what i said, setting you monitors refresh rate to 60hz to watch the film on your tv?

yup mate i tried it but still wont have any of it... it has to be the drivers i think i might go to the omega 2555 drivers as i have read that the 2558 (my current drivers) are terd

Back