• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU block and pump help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sterVin

Allright, I have to many things running in my head and need some help to figure then out. First thing is what to use as a CPU block. At first I was going to get the Dtek TC-4, then wondered if I should just go 'all out' and get a more 'high end' block. Now Im stuck between the DD RBX and the DD TDX. Any advice on what to get? I read some things (but arent going to quote them) that said the RBX was more for AMD CPUs because it could better cool their smaller die size. Is this true? if not, what should I look for?*

As for a pump, I am lost. Im going to use evaporative cooling (Thanks Pro*Banshee for the how to), so a good amount of pressure is going to be needed. At first I was thinking about dual Aqua Via 1300s, but was doubting that they would have enough power (and I read some no-too-good reviews). Any pumps that come to mind? I dont really want to spend over $50-60 on pump(s), but you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Thanks,
Steve

*I dont have my heart set on a DD block, if that should matter

Well the RBX and TDX perform very similarly... but the TDX is easier with only 2 barbs instead of 3 and much easier to mount. You might want to consider the MCW6002 for around $40. Pumps is where you should IMO never skimp. Spend the $$ on a good pump(s) now and be done with it. Do you want a 12v pump or a 110v pump? What kind of evap cooling? More info.

nikhsub1 said:
Do you want a 12v pump or a 110v pump? What kind of evap cooling? More info.
I would like a 110V pump, but I can use a 12V. The evap cooling Im going to be using is the bong cooler. My computer is a little under 30 inches off the ground and I plan for the bong to be about 6 or 7 feet high (from ground level). I would like to use one pump for all of this, but I didnt know if it was reasonable.

ok, Ive decided on the RBX for the CPU.

Should the DD D4 be able to handle my loop?

edit- qual is making me a custom GPU block and Im not going to run a chipset block

Last edited:
Back