• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pipeless radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

I just got my dtek pro rad, and I was looking at it and there arn't any pipes moving throught the fins, I was under the impression that when held up to the lgiht you would see pipes running up and down, and the the fins soldered to them. But I can't see any pipes at all, can some one explain this to me?

If it is the radiator I am thinking of there are pipes but they are oblong in shape instead of perfect cylinder pipes. This is so there is more surface area to the amount of volume flowing through.
If you like on mine you can shine a light in the inlet outlet holes (when there are no barbs on it) and look in the hole and you might be able to see the innards a bit.

Yea if it aint broke, dont fix it. Heatercores are design the way they are to help maximize surface area exposure and dissipate more heat efficiently, as opposed to a pipe running through some fins and having to send heat only on contact points, and also going through solder.

Back