• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What LCD for DTek temp probe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mateo

I'm looking at the water temperature probes seen here, but they come with just bare wires. I don't need anything fancy or Matrix Orbital-ish, but just need a simple LCD display that I can use to read the results from the probe. Does anyone have any suggestions for something simple and cheap?

LOL. You want cheap? I saw that too and a light bulb came on above my head. I already have a kingwin temp/rpm monitoring unit. What I do is to buy a $1.50 T fitting at home depot, insert a probe into the T of the fitting and fill it with silicon. Make sure no silicon is impeding on the horizontal water flow. Works like a charm :clap:

Attachments

• IMGA0312.JPG
    IMGA0312.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMGA0313.JPG
    IMGA0313.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 114
Well, when I said cheap I just meant not like an expensive full-featured LCD unit or something, just a basic two-digit display to tell me what the temps are. I'd prefer to go the sensor + LCD approach if possible...

Back