• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-Line 2!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

Hey, Ive been noticing that a lot of people have T line that are at the bottom of there case a line going up to the highest point.

I was wondering how this works! cause it seems like tall the bubbles would float up to the water block, which would then be the highest point. Can some one explain this to me. Do you have to hold thicks up side down for ten minutes and let all the bubbles get to the t? or do they just eventually work there way down to the top?

or how about this! can some one explain this to me.

Attachments

• side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 230
Ah, Scandino's case. A work of beauty.

The T does not necessarily have to be very tall. It's usually at the top of a watercooling system so that all air can only go to the T, rather than get stuck in the rad or elsewhere. It's not really a rule that it has to be that high.

i use a double t with 3 valves, so i create a vacum so that while i m sucking the air out water goes in where the air was, requires a little more planning but works quite well and if you setup your system right there are very few bubles in it

but the way i understand how to use a single t(like in that case you posted) you would just put the case upside down, swivel the t up so that you can pour liquid in it and then cap swivel the t back and turn it right side up, this should leave you we some bubles so then you have to go back and move the case around a bit while the pump is on to take out the remain bubles, and in a day the micro bubles should be out of the water leaveing you with and air free system (hopefully)

I have a similiar setup. All I do to expedite the bleeding is to turn the case over on it's side and bend the tube upwards. In effect, it now becomes the highest point.

Its usually a good idea to set your comp and different sides becuause air bubbles can get traped in blocks and Rads pretty easy sometimes. A little shake never hurt anything either. I used to use a Res, but once I used a T-line I decided to stay with it.

As far as I can see, yes, it would probably also spill out of the T a bit if the lid were open.

Edit: Though now that I think about it, if the T is sealed, then I think the system will stay the same as it is running, because there's nowhere for the water to go.

um well I looke dup and down it all the way to july and I coudn't find anything about wv except for kit reviews.

anywasy that is living proof so I guess there is no need to worry right?

I don't know about that being a myth, Greenman; my T filled up after turning off the pump.

ocrouse you coudl always bend the t downware ant then turn the case updise down and then it would be the highest piont!

Back