• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finished Installing my Danger Den Kit on AMD64 *Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

travanx

Registered
Just got done working out some of the kinks in my install. I posted some pics before but will put all the pictures in this thread. I have a small case, chenbro x-pider, and am running my AMD64 3000+ at 247 FSB on a 9 multiplier along with a 9800 Pro 256mb card. I usually run roughly 66 C which seems crazy to me, I fold all day long. I was very surprised to see my temps now at 50 C. Even if the MSI K8N Neo Plat does have bad temp readings that is a huge change from the thermalright heatsink I was using before.

My 2 main problems were not clamping the RBX inlet tight enough. And the danger den 5 1/4 bay resevoir was leaking from both barbs. So I took that out and made the T. Now I need to find something to seal the top of the T once its done bleeding. Next up will be seeing how high i can take this chip. :attn:

So now to the pics.

ok got my parts from danger den today and was matching up everything in the case. The heatcore turns out to be bigger than I thought it would be. So I am thinking I will need to mod the front of the case for the intake. I will attach 4 pics to give an idea of how much room I am working with.

Let me list the parts I got. RBX wb, 5 1/4 bay resevoir, D4 pump, Maze4 GPU Block, Heatcore with danger den shroud, and tygon tubing.

I also tried to show how I was going to orient the heatcore with the pump lining up with the case. Any suggestions on how to route this stuff? I need to go pick up some tin snips to make room for the heatercore!!
rads.jpg

norads.jpg

sides.jpg

rbxs.jpg

I was able to cut away most of the inside of the case to make the HC fit. This will slowly be moving along. Now to figure out how to keep the HC standing up, since I am using a pci slot cover to hold it up in the picture.

sideradin.jpg

radfit.jpg

cutaway.jpg

Ok getting closer. Taking my time on this. So a partial test fit to make sure i can route everything in the case, very cramped inside, but it seems like it will be fine. Next step is to test fit the actual blocks on the video card and cpu to make sure the tubing is the correct length. Then to figure out how much coolant to add to the water and give it a test run for 2 days straight. So my question is, what is a general amount of coolant to add to my water? I don't want to measure, is it drops of coolant or tablespoons? Just some general amount??

testfitnoh.jpg

And now the final pics.

done1.jpg

done2.jpg

tempwow.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! You did a great job shoe-horning all the components in there while still leaving a clean look. Nice job and thanks for sharing the pics with us. :)

Very nice.

You can put part of an old mouse pad under the heatercore to hold it up. It might also help isolate any vibration coming from the pump which would keep the noise down.

I am very open to critiquing on this. I right now have the HC ziptied up to the drive cage. But I definately want to put sound deadener in my case. And panaflo 120mm fan is louder than i thought it would be. More of a whooshing noise though, but I wanted water mainly to cool better and have a quiter room.

Oh and any help on what I can use to plug my T at the top.

yea dude, i like how u cleaned it up- wire management definitely helps a lot bro... Good job!

Back