• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmm, Somecompetition for Iwaki??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
greenman100 said:
why is this competition for iwaki?

seems to be nearly as powerful for half the price. 780gph @ 10.5ft for $63 USD

greenman100 said:
I suppose reliability is not an issue to you?

as powerful as what model iwaki in particular?

20rlt. How do we know these arn't reliable

We don't use L series Iwakis =p.

There are lots of high-end aquarium pumps that might put up similar numbers. Most of us use Iwakis for the same reason we used to use Eheim, nice specs on top of a great reputation.

vonkaar said:
We don't use L series Iwakis =p.

There are lots of high-end aquarium pumps that might put up similar numbers. Most of us use Iwakis for the same reason we used to use Eheim, nice specs on top of a great reputation.

what series do you use? =p back

Iwaki already has compitition in the form of laing D4, march pumps and laing other commerical pumps. Price wise the D4 beats it...can't comment on Iwaki noise.

vonkaar said:
Pressure>Flow
Z>L

i checked out the iwaki site and the z's are only rated @ 174 gph although they have a 22' head. Is this accurate I had to convert from liters and meters?

where would one get z's

ahh, well i was comparing this pump to the rlt, the z's seem to be much better. Where is the best place to find a z?

Back