• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey, Everybody! Look at my computer! 56k=at your own risk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

teamgreen

Athlon 2500+ Mobile @ 2.5ghz
Abit NF-7S v.2
Radeon 9800pro
Coolermaster Stacker

DSCF0003_2a.jpg

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0009.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

DSCF0015.JPG

not bad. Very Very clean. gotta love that big *** Stacker. I'm only concerned about that right angle on your pvc res (though it's probably not effecting much because its a wide pipe).

Very good, it is a PolarFLO block. I got it because you can get them with the barbs in different configurations.

I used 10% Audi/VW anti-freeze and 90% distilled water.

Thanks for the compliments. Although I've been lazy with the wires.

Stackers pwn all case with like a million possibliteis. Nice rig..:)

I'm thinking about drilling three 120's in the top of mine and putting the large rad up there loosing the top three bays and PSU on bottom. What do you think?

Last edited:
I'm considering getting rid of the maze4 nb block and just going with a t-line.

My temps are okay: 42C at idle and 47C at load, but I did just a little worse with air. Got to justify all the money I spent.

teamgreen said:
I'm considering getting rid of the maze4 nb block and just going with a t-line.

My temps are okay: 42C at idle and 47C at load, but I did just a little worse with air. Got to justify all the money I spent.

Same board? Same CPU? ABIT's read way high. Don't worry about it. I see 59C on mine on water but Im happy @2.7 prime stable 1.80V.

BeerHunter said:
Stackers pwn all case with like a million possibliteis. Nice rig..:)

I'm think about drilling three 120's in the top of mine and putting the large rad up there loosing the top three bays and PSU on bottom. What do you think?

You could fit a big hc up there. I'm just too cheap to start cutting up a $170 case just yet. That's why I just stuck the rad up front; didn't have to cut or screw anything in.
The case is freaking heavy! I'm not worried about it moving around too much.

I considered putting another power supply on the bottom to power the pump and fans (the case came with the wires), but I ran out of money.

edit: grammer (nerd)

teamgreen said:
You could fit a big hc up there. I'm just too cheap to start cutting up a $170 case just yet. That's why I just stuck the rad up front; didn't have to cut or screw anything in.
The case is freaking heavy! I'm not worried about it moving around too much.

I considered putting another power supply on the bottom to power the pump and fans (the case came with the wires), but I ran out of money.

edit: grammer (nerd)

Well the good thing is you will have this case for a long time since it's BTX compatable too.:) So it's a good investment IMO.:)

BeerHunter said:
Well the good thing is you will have this case for a long time since it's BTX compatable too.:) So it's a good investment IMO.:)

That actually allowed me to justify the purchase to myself. I already had a perfectly good chieftec dragon. But when I saw the Stacker, I just had to have it.

RE: your temps...

Do you have a perfect seal between rad and fan?

Do you have a shroud?

Is rad struggleing to get air?

What voltage is your fan running?

Do you have two fans in a push/pull configureation?

All these things can effect temps dramatically from my experiance. I run only pull fans..only at 5V and air is barly being pulled over the rad fins making a very ineffeinct setup. However when I put them at 12V temps go down by 15-20C depening on ambient.

BeerHunter said:
RE: your temps...

Do you have a perfect seal between rad and fan?

Do you have a shroud?

Is rad struggleing to get air?

What voltage is your fan running?

Do you have two fans in a push/pull configureation?

All these things can effect temps dramatically from my experiance. I run only pull fans..only at 5V and air is barly being pulled over the rad fins making a very ineffeinct setup. However when I put them at 12V temps go down by 15-20C depening on ambient.

My rad is pretty ghetto.
The seal is pretty good, but it is just duct taped togther.
I made two shrouds out of cardboard and placed them on either side for a push/pull fan configuration. The fans are blowing air into the case from the front. The shrouds put the fans about one inch away from the hc.
The fans are running at 7v and the fans do not seem to have much trouble blowing air through the hc.

Given the space restraints (5.5" x 8") I had to use a rather small hc. I think this may be the biggest limitation of the system. I considered getting a second smaller hc to put on the rear 120mm exhaust, but I think removing the maze4 nb would do the trick (as well as being far more cost efficient).
Besides, my temps aren't bad.

Out of curiosity, how's the pump working out for you? I'm starting to think my pump may be a dud. That or it's louder than people have led me to believe.

It_The_Cow said:
Out of curiosity, how's the pump working out for you? I'm starting to think my pump may be a dud. That or it's louder than people have led me to believe.

It's louder than I expected.

I posted the same in your thread. I'm beginning to think that we've been misled. I haven't used a whole lotta pumps, but I'm guessing that the other pumps must make much more noise.

My fans are all at 7v, my power supply has that little speed dial to nearly silent, and I have two seagate barracuda drives that are very quiet. Most of the noise in my case comes from the pump.
I've picked it up in my hand to check if the noise was from vibrations, but the noise level remained the same.

All in all my comp makes just about the same amount of noise as it did under air, albeit with much better temps under load.

thorilan said:
looks great. only thing i would change is put the rad before the block but thats just my preferance.

I had considered putting the rad just before the blocks, but I've read that the performance differences were not too great.
Although the diffrent tubing probably wouldn't have caused more restriction, I figured that having the pump's output going directly into the cpu block would provide maximum turbulence.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't notice that it was you. I'm really getting irritated by this pump now. I can hear it from outside of my room.

Nice setup there, teamgreen. Looks pretty nice.

Just out of curiosity, and since I'll be getting the CM Stacker soon too, what heater core are you using? I was planning on going with a double, but looking at those pictures it obviously won't fit. Think a single DangerDen heatercore will fit where you have yours?

Also, I think that putting a second heater core on the rear 120mm exhaust is a pretty good idea. Let us now how that goes. Another possibility could be to use an 80mm radiator like this one and mounting it on the bottom two 80mm fan mounts. That would give you a little more room to work with than putting it at the 120mm fan mount, I think.

Anyway, good luck. Looks like a great setup :)

Last edited:
Ariste said:
Nice setup there, teamgreen. Looks pretty nice.

Just out of curiosity, and since I'll be getting the CM Stacker soon too, what heater core are you using? I was planning on going with a double, but looking at those pictures it obviously won't fit. Think a single DangerDen heatercore will fit where you have yours?

Also, I think that putting a second heater core on the rear 120mm exhaust is a pretty good idea. Let us now how that goes. Another possibility could be to use an 80mm radiator like this one and mounting it on the bottom two 80mm fan mounts. That would give you a little more room to work with than putting it at the 120mm fan mount, I think.

Anyway, good luck. Looks like a great setup :)

I don't know the fedco number of the hc I got. I just measured the space I had and went to my local autozone and looked through their catalog for hc's with similar dimensions. It took a while, but I found one for about $28. A little tip if you do this: I stayed away from the japanese hc's although most of them would have fit. The Japanese ones tend to cost more, a lot more ~$70.
Unfortunately the opening is only about 5.75" wide and most of the usual hc's: chevette and caprice are too wide. I'm not totally sure, but I think the DD hc is too wide as well.

The only 80mm fan mounts are the one on top (exhaust) and the one in the side panel.
I stayed away from the Black Ice and other branded rads because they cost so much more.
If I do put a rad on the rear 120mm, I will probably buy the DD core or chevette and mount it outside with the fan on the inside.

I have a fan controller, dvd burner, dvd rom, and two hard drives in the included hard drive tray taking up 6 of 11 available bays. If you have fewer drives, you should be able to fit a double hc in there.

Good luck, man. The stacker is freaking huge and heavy, some people don't like the way it looks, but I love mine.

Back