• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4 GPU w/ Custom Ramsinks on 6800 GT *PIC*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liquid_Cooled

thanks to Myzhi, i fitted my Maze4 GPU on my BFG 6800 GT.

I made the custom Ramsink from one solid peice of aluminum (no pins). I then sandblasted it as a finish and lapped the bottom.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 463
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 416
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 440
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 471
is it crooked... or am I seeing things? :eh?:

By the way what kind of case is that in your sig?

it looks tilted to me, but it will not hurt temps any. The only thing it could do, is torque the card and put a little stress on the holes. Other than that it looks good. Did you make the sinks yourself, or just mod them to fit?

Looks good man, cool how those holes still line up.

What kind of machine did you use to make those ram sinks? I guessing its a cnc mill, thats pretty cool how you did, I have thought about making ramsinks on mine, but I got a piddly radeon 9000

Jon

Yours seem to be very crooked. You did not drill a new hole on the gpu block?

Very nice job on that ramsink. Looks very professional. I think I'm going to watercool my 6800gt -- the bfg cooler on it is total crap. How much modding did it take to get that block to fit?

yea, i did drill a new mounting hole. i actually wanted to make it crooked, so it would fit better in my setup.

i used a CNC to cut the ramsink.

to mod the Maze4 GPU to fit on the 6800 GT, all you have to do is drill a new hole next to the mounting holes on the Maze4 GPU (nvidia mountings holes). thats all.

Are there any more detailed instructions anywhere on where to drill the hole? Or are people just getting the card, and measuring it based on the holes on the card. I'd like to use my existing maze4GPU on one of these.

Sklug

Back