• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XviD and DivX play faster?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stftk_137

Registered
how can i make my XviD and DivX movies play faster on my computer without changing any hardware...(physically...ie: more RAM)

play faster? what exactly do you mean.... the codecs play the movies at the speed the file is created at. Is your screen choppy or something? please explain more.

if you mean the screen is choppy, what you need is a new CPU. i'm not sure of anything besides that that will do the trick - maybe someone else knows...

Changing media players can help in a very very minor way. Also if you are using any directdraw subtitle utlility dont: they are major performance killers while playing movies.

Try running the movies using the original media player ( type mplayer2 on the run on winxp)

Another thing could be that you are using postprocessing. If so, turning it off will result in "faster" playback as your CPU is not being stressed as much.

if you have an ati 9500 card or above, you can use the divx player included and use hardware acceleration for post-processing

My screen was choppy it turned out to be the codec, downloaded a new one and it was smooth again.

Back