• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Level 1 + 2 question 3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slurve

Registered
I am currently running 2x256 mushkin 3500 Black lev 2 at 2-3-2-6 on my nforce 3 a64 board, and I wanted to upgrade to 1 gig. However I only have 3 dimm slots so I need a 512 stick of black level 2 in order to match the rest. Problem is I cannot get a hold on a single 512 mb stick… Should I just suck it up and get black level one, or is that really detrimental to my overall performance + timings?

Don't get the L1. It runs with higher timings. I would sell your current sticks, and buy some different RAM in a 2x512 kit. You could pay a lot of money for BH-5, or you could just go with some OCZ EB, or Crucial Ballistix.

Catalan said:
You looking to sell your sticks :D

Are you part hunting dog? Like a Bloodhound tracking some poor animal, your gonna chase down that bh-5, aren't you?

For your sisters rig...yeah, right. Those sisters wont ever even see that RAM, much less get to use it. :D

Post is kind of late reefa but, I plan on using them for my new rig I plan on building. I'm going to give these BT mT -5B C to my sisters and use those KHX3000/1G I ordered :p

Back