• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me build my watercooling system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenjiwing

Registered
well ive got some friends with watercooling and im rather sick of my air cooling not due to tempatures but due to plain noise. I have like 4x 80mm Delta and cant sleep -_-

So either way heres what i have

Athlon Fx-51 Socket 940
Currently 9800 XT but getting X800 Pro next week
500 Watt Psu

I dont know if u need to know anything else but those are the things i would need to cool with this kit

Im looking for a badass kit i can spend about $200-$300 so just give a whole setup reccomendations! My friend can help me build and maintain it so thats not a big deal! I appreciate any feeedback and thankyou in advance

Ive taken a glance while i was at work but i was lookin for more of a direct answer to my needs because every thread says like "its up to u" and i dont really know what it what to know what i need to oc this rig

I suggest that you set your options to view 50 posts per page and print off everythread in the stickies section. read it once, then read the once that you thought were interesting/applied to you and then you probably won't have any more questions

Im looking for a badass kit i can spend about $200-$300 so just give a whole setup reccomendations!

Ive taken a glance while i was at work but i was lookin for more of a direct answer to my needs because every thread says like "its up to u" and i dont really know what it what to know what i need to oc this rig

In that case, I'd recommend a pump, some blocks, a heatercore, some tubing, fans, clamps, and..... I know I'm forgetting something...... ah yes, water.

:)

Kenjiwing said:

And therein lies the problem: YOUR needs. :)

I know exactly what I need and want.
It may not match what YOU need and want.

Only you can really answer that question.

Additionally, water cooling is like anything else:
You need to have some knowledge of it to get the BEST results possible in your system- reading through the H2O section may take a while but I am certain that your system will be the better for it.

And finally- if you know nothing about water cooling then someone could suggest a weak block and an unreliable pump to you and you might get it.....not saying that this is likely, but.....buyer beware as the old saying goes. :D

If you really don't want to read anything then here is a "kit", you see people who lack knowledge opt for kits cause they know that it will work.

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=102

just select the hiegest options on everything and it will work pretty well

if you want a really easy setup this looks cool, is easy, and it should out do air.

http://www.koolance.com/products/product.html?code=EXT-A04&category_id=2

but realize, you won't get temps like most of the other users here, so I would take the time to read, but then again some people go and buy and xps from dell because they don't want to take the time to learn and to do it DIY style, its your choice, but DIY is always cooler, and you don't here people saying that they have the same thing every often.

Truth be told, I would probably recommend a kit to you.

You want a setup without alot of research, and have a load of money to spend.

Nothing wrong with doing it that way... but in the long run you will not be satified with a kit, and you might wish you had done some research and saved some $$$. Then again, you might love what you get.

If you want some kit recomendations, I would suggest the frontpage as a starting place for reviews.

Back