• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

External watercooling case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

I was wondering on a general basis who would buy a external watercooling case and how much youd pay for one. By "external water cooling case" I mean a small case which sits outside your main computer case that houses your rad(s),pump(s),fans(s) for the rad etc and has great airflow,its own psu,temp monitor,and rheobus or two. Also it wouldnt just be a plain square. It would have some cuts and curves to it to give it some "style" or can be built to order.

well I've enver seen one for sale but a lot of peopel take the mobo portion of a full tower case, and you could make one out of wood pretty easily.

Hypothetically speaking if you had the $ and one were for sale...and you didnt want some ghetto lookin full tower case or something made of wood (unless its crafted well and looks nice). How much would you pay.

Seems to me everyone is missing the whole point of the question. Maybe its the way I put it but I dont want pics,suggestions on making one,etc although the pics were pretty cool and thanks for the suggestions.

I am simply asking if some clown came up to you and said hey i have an "external water cooling case" FS and you just so happend to be looking for one and had ____ amount of cash. How much would you pay for it?

Once again hypothetically its cool looking in your opinion,made of fiberglass,painted to match your case,has two rheobuses,fans,good airflow.

just the box? no blocks or anything? if it had enough tubing, a good disconnect method, looked good, was sound controllable, easy to drain/fill/bleed and met a hundred other requirments. I'd pay 250.00 prollly. I've spent at least that on mine so far, but i've also had hours of entertainment (though the melted acyrlic burns suck)

creepy said:
Seems to me everyone is missing the whole point of the question. Maybe its the way I put it but I dont want pics,suggestions on making one,etc although the pics were pretty cool and thanks for the suggestions.

I am simply asking if some clown came up to you and said hey i have an "external water cooling case" FS and you just so happend to be looking for one and had ____ amount of cash. How much would you pay for it?

There are a LOT of variables that need to be considered-
Example:

If I saw a nice brushed aluminum external system case that included brackets and attachment for just about any pump/fan/rad combo conceivable and I had a pc that was similar looking, I might go as high as $150.
If I had a black case that wasn't similar in any way to the aluminum case, I wouldn't pay more than $25- and that would be mainly to get the brackets, etc. ;)

Its really kind of tough to put a price tag on a relatively vague concept- many like windows and lights, others may have different specific desires.

Ty rogerdugans. So basicly if you seen something you liked (built to your specs possibly?) youd possibly pay up to $150 but if you seen something to scrap for parts you wouldnt pay crap for it.

dood. if you have something to sell, why don't you just describe it and ask how much we think its worth. if you want to *make* them and then sell them as a business, why don't you ask what makes one good, take our suggestions, then go price out the ones that are out there and price cut them a bit all the while saying yours is made of that much better stuff etc.

Back