• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air in the Radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ntrsfrml

Registered
hi all, I recently got Wcing.. first here are my WCing setup specs:

Swiftech MCW-6002
Eheim 1250
Critcool Clear Vertical res.
D-Tek 120Jr heatercore/ Radiator.
ClearFlex60 tubing
Distilled water with 20:1 Zerex coolant solution.

now the system specs:

P4 2.6Ghz @ 3.2Ghz
Asus P4P800 DLX

Now the question regarding air in the radiator. My setup is running perfectly fine.. idles =25C, Loads = 29-30C, ambients = 23-24C.. I did a fine bleeding/filling job, but I still get air bubbles in my setup.. Currently my Radiator/Pump/Rservoir are lying outside my case, when i try to tilt the Radiator, a suden gush of air comes out of it towards the reservoir? where did this air come from? Is there some point/barb which is lose and needs extra teflon?

This air goes away(I think it collects in the radiator) after few hours.. but comes again once in a while.. what should i do? Redo my reservoir? or fill and bleed the whole setup all over again?

thanks.

I don't know if what I do is normal, but when ever I fill up my sys, I pick up the whole PC and tip it upside-down, side-ways and every which-way until I am sure all air is out of the heater core. But check with others as I have no real experience in this matter other than what I do that works for my sys.

If it is a recurring problem, you have to make sure your whole sys is air-tight. I don't mean your res, as that can run with the lid off just fine. But it sounds more like you have air trapped in your radiator with just a little coming out when you mess with it.

Last edited:
Back