• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Failed memtest86...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Is there anyway to find out which ram chip is bad? I failed test 5 only with 11 errors. I know i can just run one at a time to figure out which is bad, but it's a pain in the butt to get into my case and didn't want the headache.

I couldn't find anything in memtest to tell me which module went bad...

You have to do it the hard way and test each stick by itself :p. "I failed test 5 only with 11 errors." hahaha, I've had somewhere in the 250 range :eek: within the first 10 minutes of the test! (same ram in my sig...got it RMA'd though). They sure don't make memory like they used to these days. :-/

I've had in the 1000 range on the first pass. :)

What brand of memory do you have there?

are the ram oc'd? if they are, u might want to run at their spec speed. if they are fine with spec speed, then theres nothing wrong with ur rams.

Yeah i am running my fsb/ram at 1:1 atm, so my ram is clocked at 220mhz. Right now i am using Infineon ram (which is crap i know lol) but i am purchasing a 512mb stick of PC3200 OCZ ram on the classified here.

homer77 said:
are the ram oc'd? if they are, u might want to run at their spec speed. if they are fine with spec speed, then theres nothing wrong with ur rams.

I can verify this. I've had RAM fail Memtest, only to pass with flying colors when tested at CAS3 rather than CAS2.

Has anyone else experienced the memtest freezing? Mine does 87% into test 5 everytime... But it reports no errors..

yes.... either you have timings that won't work at the speed you're using or you've got the ram clocked too high. Could also be a voltage problem but I'd bet on the first two theories..... :p

Back