• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via Aqua PWND!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mumrah

omfg, what happened?!?!?! Did my impeller go nutz and destroy the insides? Thank god it didnt completly burst, and that my computer was off.

Full teardown pics once i bleed my system.

Woah.
-David

Attachments

• pwned 1.JPG
    pwned 1.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 424
  • pwned 2.JPG
    pwned 2.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 400
that's friggin awsome. I'm guessing your motor locked and burst or burned distorting the plastic. Is your hardware OK?

I almost choked on my stoggie when i saw the thread title, "News at 11... Via Aqua p\/\/n3d! lol.

*sniffle* So young to be suffering middle-age spread...

I doubt the impeller did that, probably a power problem that started meltdown of the epoxy surrounding the coils inside.

well, i cant seem to get past the black smelly stuff. This evening i'll take a saw to it or something.

Oh, and the impeller is completly stuck in place. maybe the glue from my impeller mod somehow regluified itself and dripped down.

mumrah said:
well, i cant seem to get past the black smelly stuff. This evening i'll take a saw to it or something.

Oh, and the impeller is completly stuck in place. maybe the glue from my impeller mod somehow regluified itself and dripped down.
"Regluified" Nice vocabulary :p So do you have any teaser pics?

LMFAO. I love seeing the title Via Aqua Pwnd up there. Its one thing to say my pump broke, but to say it was pwned is just bad ***. I almost spit my damn coke out on my comp because of you :). Sorry about the pump though. At least you get to do a autopsy on it and show us how it died. It looks a little bloated though. Must have been dead for days..

DeViL_909 said:
LMFAO. I love seeing the title Via Aqua Pwnd up there. Its one thing to say my pump broke, but to say it was pwned is just bad ***. I almost spit my damn coke out on my comp because of you :). Sorry about the pump though. At least you get to do a autopsy on it and show us how it died. It looks a little bloated though. Must have been dead for days..
I think the pump needs beano... (Note: **This is a joke**)

Attachments

• pwned 23.JPG
    pwned 23.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
looks like a small bomb went off in that thing.

So if the winding is bad it just causes a short and melts right? wouldnt it melt and kind of sag down instead of in all directions :confused:

since the impeller couldnt spin, all that energy that was formerly used for pumping was turned into heat. i guess all the heat build up made the epoxy expand.

Back