• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial pC3200 Memory in NF7-S [email protected] Decent Timings???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chachmarach

I bought a couple sticks of double sided Crucial 512X2 PC3200 C and G revisions. The G revision on Ebay and the C from Crucial. They run in my NF7-S board in Dual Channel at 218 @2.5-2-3-11 timings. I can run Prime95 and Memtest completely stable at these settings. My board seems to max out at this FSB regardless of what I do. I was just wondering if these timings are respectable or would selling this memory and trying something different be worth it? I think this memory if used in AMD 64 or Intel system would do some high FSB's so should I just keep it for now? I might upgrade to AMD 64 in the next month or two anyway. Thanks for any suggestions or help.

If you are stable and near or at your board's max speed, then I don't think that I would get rid of them. In order to improve your timings, you will need to get either (a) more expensive bh-5 from the classifieds somewhere, without any guarantees or (b) get some of the expensive new ram which comes with the Samsung chips or (3) ??? I can't think of a third, but if I could, I bet it would be expensive, too.

My point is this. You know that many of the guys, including me, struggled with the Micron based Buffalo Tech PC3700. The thing that attracted almost everyone to that ram was the hopes of getting 230 plus performance at decent timings (I don't think anyone expected 2-2-2-5/11), at substantial savings over the alternatives. You have reached basically the timings expected from that ram, and have reached your board's max speed. I don't think it would be cost effective for you to chase faster timings.

Back