• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH-5 Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Catalan

Are all Corsair PC3500C2 BH-5 and who do you guys think makes the best bh-5? Please provide Model name ex. Corsair 256MB PC3500C2.

I know that it's not being produced anymore. What I want to know is if different brands that contain bh-5 chips (Mushkin PC3500 LVL II, Corsair PC3200 LL Rev 1.1, etc) overclock better than others.

Btw, the link you posted is a review on PC3500LLPT not PC3500C2

Last edited:
I believe that the Mushkin and the Corsair are generally considered to be the two better performers.

Reefa_Madness said:
I believe that the Mushkin and the Corsair are generally considered to be the two better performers.

From what I've seen this seems to be true. That said, any BH5 you can get your hands on now is probably a good thing, as they all run fantastic speeds and timings (the rare bad chips aside). My Kingston BH5 maxes out at 248 2225 @ 3.2v. I'm certain with an OCZ booster I could kick it up to 255-265, so grab whatever you can before they all disappear or become dated :)

You've got some nice bh-5 there. It would be interesting to see what it would do at 3.4 or so (or whatever the maximum would be for that board with a Booster).

corsair pc3500c2 is bh5, how many times has this been discussed? pc3500ll is non-existant.

corsair and mushkin made the best bh5 (yes, I have tested)

Um...check the link that BeerHunter posted and look what the title says. "Corsair TwinX1024 XMS3500RE Low Latency Registered Memory." Now if LL is non existant I wonder how they got a pair

The link has Corsair product number XMS3500RE, not XMS3500LL. The RE is registered memory, not the PC3500 equivalent of the the XMS3200LL. Technically, while PC3500 "Low Latency" memory may exist, PC3500LL does not. Make sense?

According to Suma's masterful recommended modules thread:

- XMS-PC3500C2 Rev1.1
Winbond BH-5

I would bet that anything above Rev1.1 is NOT BH-5, and I doubt you're going to find Rev1.1 for sale anywhere.

Back