• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W/C case question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Hi guys.. I'm in the market for a new case for my w/c project. This is my first w/c rig :) I was looking at this case here. Its a Lian Li, but only a mid tower. I was wondering if a DangerDen's Black Ice Xtreme radiator would fit in the bottom of the case... I'm not really looking to O/c a lot, just like 200Mhz or so...mostly I just want a quieter, cooler, pc. Thanks for any comments!

You could, but you would have to cut a 120mm hole in the case. To do that, you would have to remove the bottom hard drive rack.

Any more comments? It looks like from the pictures that I might be able to fit a smaller raditor in the front with those HD racks removed..... any thoughts?

You should be able to fit a radiator in the top of the case without too much hacking... provided you have the confidence to cut that aluminum. If you put the 120 at the top blowing up and hang the rad from a shroud you can fit a res or optical drive in the topmost 5 1/4 slot and a temp sensor/fanbus whatever in the 5 1/4 blocked by the rad - just a thought.

Im currently setting up my own rig to fit my PC60, basically the same archtecture, and I have to say if you have Wc'ing in mind you could buy a better case. I love this case and its beautiful, but im going to have to do some major cutting and overhauling with my dremel to make it beautiful. They work, but they need some TLC for watercooling compatibility.

My two cents,

Why do you need it to fit inside or in the front? Build your pc and see where theres room, build a custom raditor to the space. At least its custom and you get to play with that seriously cool case.

cheers,
josh

Back