• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I do this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redken

Hi guys!

I have my OS installed in a separate partition as the rest of all my other programs and stuff. What I want to do is, re-install it on the same partition it is now, but I don't want to loose all of my shortcuts found in the programs file (start->menu->programs). Is there a way to re-establish all of these shortcuts without dragging any of the old clutter to my new installation? (I think the file and settings transfer wizard doesn't do a very good job).
Basically I want a fresh OS with the things I have on the old one now (just shortcuts). I don't want to re-install all my programs again (since they are already installed on a separate partition) just to get them integrated with XP again.

Is there a way to do this?

Boot off your xp cd, and then do a "repair" . That will reinstall w/o changinging any of your stuff.

Back