• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally picked out my parts...any final words of advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

envy

Finally picked out my parts...need your help before building!

I've been reading up for a long time here in the watercooling section of the forums...and its time to pick out the parts for my own rig now. Heres what im thinking so far:
Any comments/suggestions are appreciated.

Tubing: Tygon R-3603 1/2" ID, 1/8" Walls

Radiator: ThermoChill HE120.3 OR The HeaterCore Dual 2x120mm 1/2"

CPU Block: D-Tek Customs Intel Poly Top (1/2")

VGA Block: D-Tek Customs VGA Block Aluminium Top (1/2")

Chipset Block: D-Tek Customs FSB Chipset Poly Top (1/2")

Pump: Danger Den DD12V-D4 OR Eheim 1250 Pump & Inlet Adapter (1/2")
I dont know that much about pumps...so if anyone could advise me either way that would be cool

Additives: Purple Ice and Orange UV dye

Extras: Criticool PowerPlant II Pump Relay Card, T-connector, 120mm Panaflo fans (4 or 6 depending on rad)

I was wanting to go with 3/8" ID tubing but all of the products that i want come with 1/2" barbs pre-fitted..too much hassle to change them, so 1/2" it is.

Im open to any criticism/suggestions of other products especially on the chipset and vga blocks. I was also looking at a Swiftech chipset block and a maze4 vga..dont know what you guys think of these?

Thanks alot guys

Last edited:
you might want to change the cpu waterblock top to aluminum, I was told that the poly ones could crack if overtightened

dicecca112 said:
you might want to change the cpu waterblock top to aluminum, I was told that the poly ones could crack if overtightened
My poly top is fine... I'd be worried about corrosion with the aluminum top. If you're worried about the top cracking, get the copper top.

i remember hearing that Cu and Al don't make a good mix?
I dont think the website im ordering from have the brass tops sadly, looks like i'll have to go poly, thats the only european site i can find that stocks the whitewaters and ships to Belgium.
Thx for the input so far, what do u guys think about the other blocks?

envy said:
i remember hearing that Cu and Al don't make a good mix?
I dont think the website im ordering from have the brass tops sadly, looks like i'll have to go poly, thats the only european site i can find that stocks the whitewaters and ships to Belgium.
Thx for the input so far, what do u guys think about the other blocks?
You have to order the copper top from a different company (forget their name, google it)

Get the swiftech MCP650 (which kills the ehiem). It's the same pump as the DD12v (Laing D4), but by swiftech who doesn't rip off other people's designs. For a block, either get the Swiftech MCW6002 or the D-tek WW (the RBX/TDX is just a rip-off of the WW. Cathar designed the WW, then licensed it to D-tek. DD just flat out stole the design. Of course this may be *slighty* opinionated ;))

Cyrix_2k said:
You have to order the copper top from a different company (forget their name, google it)

I tried but i couldn't find anything :(

nartac said:
also, this may help you to decide what cpu block to get.

Interesting stuff, i just wish i could get hold of a cascade ss *drool*. Guess i'll have to stick with the Dtek whitewater.

Cyrix_2k said:
Get the swiftech MCP650 (which kills the ehiem). It's the same pump as the DD12v (Laing D4), but by swiftech who doesn't rip off other people's designs. For a block, either get the Swiftech MCW6002 or the D-tek WW (the RBX/TDX is just a rip-off of the WW. Cathar designed the WW, then licensed it to D-tek. DD just flat out stole the design. Of course this may be *slighty* opinionated ;))

someone doesnt like dangerden too much then...;)
Looks like they really did jack Swiftech's idea though. I tried to find a european site that stocked the MCP650 and i found this...
Is that the wrong picture? I thought this was the MCP650 :eh?:

I wonder if i ordered the first one they would give me a real MCP650 or that thing. (what is that anyway?)

LOL. The first link has an mcp600 but second has the new mcp650. I would guess the first site never updated the image of the pump or too lazy to.

Nartec gets it right :D I didn't mean DD stole the pump (The pump is the Laing D4. People started talking about it on the forums, and then it appeared on their site. Then Aquaextreme started carry-ing it, then swiftech followed suite), I meant DD stole the idea of the WW from Cathar/D-tek. The RBX is a blatent rip-off of the WW.

envy said:
I tried but i couldn't find anything :(

Interesting stuff, i just wish i could get hold of a cascade ss *drool*. Guess i'll have to stick with the Dtek whitewater.
I can't seem to find the copper top either :(

Back