• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ pc3500 EB PE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enduro

Got a few questions since I just got my EB about a week ago.
1) What memory chips are used for this ram.
2) Does the EB like vdimm? I'm using 2.9 right now, because my Hynix needed high vdimm to reach a high fsb, but I'm not sure if I'm using too much for this ram and am actually destablilizing the stuff.
3) Do you think that I'm at my rams limit? I'm only overclocked 17 Mhz, but I can't go any further. I'm assuming it's a board problem personally, because I've never used 1 gig of ram or DC ram at all for overclocking.
4) I've tried using different timings, but I've noticed a couple of things. One is that I can't drop my cas down to 2.5 at 233, but I can run 3-2-2-10 stabily for some reason. I was under the assumption that the ras to cas and ras were the most stressful on AMD's systems? The other thing is that I can't loosen my timings and gain stablility, for instance, 3-4-4-10 won't gain any stability on my board. This is one of the reasons that I'm guessing that I'm at my boards limit.
BTW, any one who want's to post their EB scores with a NF7 are welcome, so we can compare results.

I have the same ram,

I'm running it at 233 at it's stock recommended timings:
2.5-3-2-8
at 2.9 Volts

This timing seems to be more stable.

I couldn't get 2.5-2-2-8 or 2.5-3-3-8 stable...

But I set it to the stock timing and it was 100% stable.

I've read somewhere about the EB's being optimized for their standard timings but I don't have any fancy dancy links to prove it.

:D

My 3200 EB is stable @ 240 11-2-2-3 @ 2.9V. I have a DFI though, and 512MB. I can't get stable at 8-2-3-2.5. What is the 2 and 3? the order changes on certain mobo's and programs.

Docta_Z, try 3-2-2-8. The EB shines if you drop the CAS to 3. If you can get a stable tRCD of 2, then you'll see a performance increase, even after dropping the CAS latency.

I generally list RAM timings like this: CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS.

Check out my sig, from what I understand the EB memory have a lifetime warrenty up to 3v

Shade00 said:
Docta_Z, try 3-2-2-8. The EB shines if you drop the CAS to 3. If you can get a stable tRCD of 2, then you'll see a performance increase, even after dropping the CAS latency.

i did it, i was barely at 230 stable before it, now im at 240 +.... i love it.. 3-2-3-11

sandra mem at 3700+

Shade00 said:

Hmmm interesting idea.

This is something to try most certainly.

I have a DDR booster coming in this week as well. Hopefully that'll help some.

Awesome, when you get it in, post here or send me a PM to tell me if it helped at all. I'm about to do a vdimm modd and the vtt along with it, although I'm considering only doing the vtt and then buying the vdimm booster so I can vary the voltage a bit easier.

Back