• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reserator for CS and GPU only?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrianH2O

Would the Reserator be able to handle the heat from my P4S800E-D northbridge and ATI 9800Pro?

I would continue to use the Swiftech MCW-20 and MCW-50 blocks. Change the pump from the extremely weak one included to the Maxi-Jet 1200 that I current have.

My current setup to WC these 2 parts is quite noisy. 2 x 120mm Panaflo Medium fans around a BIX rad. Temps in this setup, loaded with a Compu-nurse on the back are 36C for the GPU and 42C from the CS.

I thinking that the Maxi-jet would deliver excellent flow with no rad in the way.

Any thoughts??

PS - CPU cooled by a Mach1.

it would have to be a pretty big reservoir.
the nb and gpu would put out atleast 50watts alone when overclocked. with the pump ur looking at 60watts of heat. i would suggest atleast a black micro or equivilent to cool it. or a 20-30gal reservoir.

Korndog said:
it would have to be a pretty big reservoir.
the nb and gpu would put out atleast 50watts alone when overclocked. with the pump ur looking at 60watts of heat. i would suggest atleast a black micro or equivilent to cool it. or a 20-30gal reservoir.

I beleive he is refering to that new reserator passive watercooling system from I believe Zalman and not just a giant reservoir. I think it would be able to handle it if its original design is for a CPU and and option to add a GPU block to the system.

Yes ... Ad Rock is correct.

Sorry I wasn't clearer in my question. Most tests have shown that the Zalman Reserator can handle the heat from a non-OC'ed CPU ... including the Prescott.... at a temp of the stock cooler.

As Korndog suggested, 30~40W for the GPU, 20~30W for the NB, and 15W for the pump. On the high side, 65~85w of heat???? (85w looks a little high to me).

It would elimate 2 x 120mm Medium Panaflo's which is the noisiest part of my system right now. I would be left with

2 x 80mm Low speed Panaflo connect to a Nexus Fan controller
1 x 120 Vantec Stealth connect to a Nexus Fan controller
550w Antec TruPower

Back