• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thought?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

surfinguru

Looking to upgrade my WC setup for my new Prescott and am looking for some feedback. This is going into a full tower Antec case that's already had the bottom front modded for a MaxXpert rad (push-pull 120's) out of an Innovatek kit. What do you guys think of my proposed setup?

Waterblock: Swiftech MCW6002-P, 1/2" fittings
Rad: D-Tek Pro 120 w/shrouds in a push-pull setup, 1/2" fittings (I know I could mod a heater core from the local auto store, but I have neither the tools or place to do so. Apt living sucks sometimes.)
Pump: Eheim 1046 (I'll need to modify the fitting to 1/2", but that should be pretty easy to take care of.)
Tubing/clamps etc.: Home Depot or equivalent

Providing the pump will do the job, looks like I'll be about $150 or so lighter in the pocket book.

looks good except I would spend slightly more and get swiftech mcp650 or DD D4 pump. You can get one at voyeurmods.com for $68.99

Ok, I decided I'm going to add a GPU block as well as going all 3/8"ID. So, with that said, I did a quick on-line cost analysis and with the Swifty CPU/GPU/Pump and the DTek rad, Home Depot for tubing, etc., with tax, shipping and all that, it comes out to around $260-$275.

Now if I go with the complete Swifty H20-120-P Kit with the added GPU block, I'm around $285. I find the $15-$25 difference easy to swallow for the convenience of one stop shopping with the guarenty everything will work together with no hassles.

Now the question is: is there REALLY that big of a difference in the rads to deal with multiple vendors etc.?

Oh yeah, the push/pull thing was just a thought as that's what I had going before.

Back