• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finished (almost) water cooler (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

OK well I finished my setup. The only thing I havn't finished is wire managment. I am currently using a friend 570w PS because he isn't using it and my 350w Sparkle won't power my rig.

I just got this new motherboard. It is a strange and embarrising story of how I ended up with this new NF7-S2 motherboard.

Power Supply, currently 570w Sparkle
Mobo: Nf7-S2
AMD 2600+ (Maze3) AS5 was used on all heatsinks, waterblocks..even the SB
9800p 128 (Dtek vga waterblock)
2x512 Kingston hyperX
Non kinking tubing from Home depot. It rockzorz my boxzorz.
2x80gig Sata drives
One 6gig ide for linux and booting
2 Optical drives
One 120mm fan on exhaust

Everything is really quiet. And my water temps are lower than the rooms temp. Guess why. No compressors or refridgerators are used. Room temp is 22c. Water temps ranges from 16c to just under ambient. :D I'll post a pic a little later explaining.

Picture-055.jpg

The front at night.
Picture-058.jpg

Picture-060.jpg

Breakfast of Champs. (thats coffee)
Picture-057.jpg

Yes I know I need wire managment. I will bother when I get a new ps.

Just a question, how did u get that tubing to cooperate with you? I tried some of that stuff before my Clearflex and it just puts a verry big strain on the CPU Block and my old res.

Thanks,
Archer

I know what you mean. The tubing has a big tendancy to bend the way it was kept. I just angled the tubing to bend the way it wants to. It is a strain however, I tryed to move the vga card with the cpu still attached and the hold down on the vga came out! It had plastic nuts so I went to the store and go all metal. No more comming off.

You just have to be patient with the tubing. One thing you can try is unraveling all the tubing and pinch on end in a drawer and streach it to another object so that it is in a straigh position for awhile.

(More pics later)

Actually I was playing with a small portion of that and one way to get to to bend in the way u want, is to get the shape then heat the tube ( I put mine over a open fire ) up some how while keeping the shape you want then quickly cool it using a water hose or somthing, this all took place after my ClearFlex.

I prefere it medium done.

Anyways heres an update on things since I found some time.
I use my trusty fish tank pump. This baby is rated at 800 gph is a monstor, but its pretty quiet and it pumps long distances. I've used it for several years now subzero and normal...even fish!

I hooked my rad up to the Air vent in my room. Since we just got central air put in it makes for nice temps as I was mentioning. I also have this in/out temp monitor on the desk, it tells me my room temps and my res temps.

I have a pretty good OC I think, I actually havn't bothered with it too much. Right now I'm running my 2600 @ 2500mhz @ 1.85v with a 200fsb. I'll work on it a little and see what else I can choke out of it.

Picture-061.jpg

Picture-062.jpg

Last edited:
Back