• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the Iwaki 20RZT discontinued?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shigo_Naito

Registered
Is the Iwaki MD-20RZT discontinued?

I have been looking at diferent online fish stores and aquarium forums and i cant seem to find the pump.

Last edited:
Did you ask any of those places if they could special order it?

The high-pressure pumps are uncommon at aquarium supply houses because such pressures are not needed for operating fish tanks.

Diggrr said:
Google is only your friend if you take it out and use it....;)

The site you gave dose not have the MD 20RZT just the WMD. Sorry forgot the MD in the title. Everywhere in the forums i have red always refered to the MD as the must get over the WMD.

Google is my friend but he/she dident give to much help this time ;)

Last edited:
Shigo_Naito said:
The site you gave dose not have the MD 20RZT just the WMD. Sorry forgot the MD in the title. Everywhere in the forums i have red always refered to the MD as the must get over the WMD.

Google is my friend but he/she dident give to much help this time ;)

MD... WMD... Had both. IMO, the MD isn't worth the extra dough. Almost everybody that has an MD has never even seen a WMD to base an opinion on.

personally I have no experience with iwaki pumps but from what I have read, MD pumps are Japanese made and are quieter and does not heat up as much as the WMD, which are made in the USA. Perhaps someone with experience with both may shed some light into the matter.

I've read that the MD motors are 50htz motors, not 60htz like american AC power is. That leads to extra heating in the motor anyway...

I don't have either, but that's what I've read in threads here on the forums.

Anyway, have you tried taking a look at the blueline pumps too? They look like twins save for the spanky bright yellow color of them. Don't know if they have an rzt equivelent, but the price looks better.

http://www.aquadirect.com/store/catalog/Pumps_BlueLine_HD_Water_Pumps_OUR_BEST_page_1_c_224.html

Last edited:
Back