• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Windows deleted EVERYTHING!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

touser

Hi all, i just did a clean install of XP pro because it has been about a year sense my last clean install so i figured it was time. I disconnected all other hard drives except for the one i wanted windows installed on to ensure i didnt accidently skrew somethimg up on one of my data drives. After the install i plugged my drives back in, windows says one of my drives has a problem and needs to run check disk. I let it and it deletes several thousand "orphand files" and when i check the drive i am left with 1 folder that is empty on the drive!! Is there any way to recover any of my data, there is about 100gb gone that is irreplacable? The drive was fine just before the format and i know the drive isnt bad. Please help.

look for data retrieval software....easiest way to retrieve that stuff. JUST DONT MOVE ANY FILES ON THERE OR SAVE NEW FILES THERE! you would be writing over that data :( i hate it when these things happen. i have a program called getdataback and it did exactly that. good luck.

Make sure to turn off the restore feature too on the drive otherwise it will start over writing stuff on the drive also.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have tried every piece of freeeware and trialware i could find in the last 24 hours and evereything either comes back with garbage or nothing. I even bought spinrite for $90 and it found nothing! All these programs are looking for damaged and corrupt files and i need something that just recovers files that where deleted but everything i have tried does nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions for "undelete" software?

have you tried a program called "EasyRecovery Pro 6.04" helped me recover files that i lost in a similar way

touser said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have tried every piece of freeeware and trialware i could find in the last 24 hours and evereything either comes back with garbage or nothing. I even bought spinrite for $90 and it found nothing! All these programs are looking for damaged and corrupt files and i need something that just recovers files that where deleted but everything i have tried does nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions for "undelete" software?

I have a few different recovery programs as data recovery is becomming a bigger part of my business. Send me a PM and if you want to send me your drive I'll run it for free to see what i can recover.

i got scrued up more badly.. my drive was deleted and windows didnt see it enymore.. but i managed to recover ALL data.. using Norton utilites disk doctor to restore my FAT and theese programs are the best in data recovery:

Get Data Back
Restorer2000_pro
R-Studio

if you have any problems dont hesitate
Q

I've used R-Studio to get my stuff back and would reccomend it. Also Get Data Back is VERY often used to much success around here, so I'd give it a shot.

JigPu

Back