• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc3200 ballistix vs pc4000 ballistix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s002wjh

I am just not sure which these ram to get since I read anandtech review the pc3200 has very good timing at ddr514 2.5-2-2-5, did they just got lucky or I can expect pc3200 to actually run ddr500 at this timing. also I heard pc4000 is not a good OCing ram. SO I like to know any other ram that are better than ballistix maybe qcz 3700EB or some other ram?? any suggestion or comments are welcome

From what I've been reading Anatech just got really lucky with those Ballistix sticks (cherry picked). It really depends what kind of FSB you are looking for and the timings. Seems like the higher the FSB the better the overclocking the ram is the looser the timings and that isn't necessarily the best way to go. OCZ just came out with some gold edition revision 2 pc4000 with timings of 2.5-3-3 at Newegg that looks really good.

Back