• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse on USB randomly stops working for 2 seconds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoKtEm

Has anyone had this problem? I have windows XP Pro and on a Abit NF7-S 2.0. My mouse is a Microsoft intellimouse Explorer (the original) and I've updated all the drivers and USB stuff. Basically occassionally it will say "the hardware is unplugged" or whatever and have the little windows error ring and then it would say it's plugged in again almost instantly but the whole process takes about 2 seconds and my mouse just sits there.. it's very annoying in games :cry:

anyone ever seen this?

Yes, I have had it happen when the wires have gotten froggy. Its an old mouse, might be one of the wires is losing contact. Have you tried a different port?

Z

Its the wires on the mouse end. I had that problem until one day it did it at the right moment and had an accident with the wall. I have sense gotten a new mouse.

I tried a new port and it still had the problem... I figured that would be the problem =( I guess it's time to replace this old timer

Back