• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me configure a WC setup! (please?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DamienKC

I think I'm finally going to bite the bullet and go watercooling (after I get my 6800GT <3). It'll be a month or two if I do, so it gives me some time.

I was wondering if you guys could help me buld the best WC'ing setup I possibly could with $200-$250. I'll probably cool the cpu and video card with it.

Here's what I know so far (i'm new to watercooling)

*To cool both video card and cpu really well, i'll need a REALLY strong pump
*I'll need a good radiator

I know a little more, but I'm basically just asking if you could help me configure one for about $200-$250

What I've thought about so far
Danger Den 6800 waterblock for the 6800GT
Either the Swiftech MCW6000-P CPU waterblock or DD TBX (maybe RBX?)

I think It's the radiator i'm most concerned about, I have an Aspire X-Alien case, which is the best for that one?

Thanks alot for your help! =)

I am too just getting into watercooling and my one suggestion is try practicing installing the waterblock for the video card on a spare one... you don't want to screw a 400 dollar card up.

EDIT: Also I suggest getting a SwiftTech water block for your 6800 as the one from danger den is a load of money and the cooling is not so great.

I also agree, go with swiftech all the way, chipset and watercooling. Go for a 300+ gph pump and grab a big ole' auto radiator form somewhere and rig up a couple of fans to blow on it. I'll post a pic of my rig below and try and point out all the components to help.

(And remeber! always install the pump on the RETURN loop, not between the radiator and the coolers on the intake!!! :))

Attachments

• alien1(edited).JPG
    alien1(edited).JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 55
  • alien2(edit).JPG
    alien2(edit).JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 44
Did you cut through the other side of your case for that radiator?

Back