• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Specific 77' Bonneville concerns in a Lian Li PC60

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackrungh

Specific Heatercore concerns

I have a few questions about specific heatercore issues despite hours of board time and several trips to pepboys or autozone.

First off, is it worth the extra drilling and mounting to create outside air intakes below a roof mounted heatercore? I'm envisioning dual side of case intakes and pvc elbow ducting to underside of HC, then 2x120's exhausting out the roof. Will ambient air effect temps so much so that will be worth the effort?

Second, on average how many degrees will push pull be lower than just one set of 120's?

Thirdly, I seem to be getting mixed messages as to the proper distance for fan to HC shroud space, but it seems to be around 1.5 inches, is this correct? Part B of this question is can the fan be mounted inter-shroud or will it have to sit and take up another 25mm thickness on top of shroud? (Space at this point in 4 cd drive bay area seems to be getting tight.)

Fourth, Can very low 120's be use effectively in cooling the rad? I dont mean a 30 db "silent." My goal is more a lowered Panaflo L1A, or most likely one of the SilenX 120's. At 14dB these drastically quiet ones are just 58CFM. Is this simply too little air to work ?

Finally, a shot in the dark, Does anyone have experience trying to mount the 77 bonneville HC w/o AC (copper) in the roof of a Lian Li PC60? The space is just shy of 6 inches wide and the HC is about 6 and 1/16. Thought all was lost but the metal cage is very flexible and could bend 2/16 no problem. Still, if someone has tried and failed, it would be nice to know.

Thanks for any responses that come to this, its the last item I need to procure in this setup ive probably researched and planned too much.

Weapon, of course this HC ducting idea is inspired by your bonneville tut., id count myself as very fortunate if you had any input.

Last edited:
I have the bville77 in the top of my pc60.... I will post some pics and areas of intrest (ie problems) when i get home.

Off the top of my head, you will want to cut the second set of 5.25 bay tabs off, and you will have a hard time putting the drive face plates back in.

and you wont be able to put a push pull with 2 shrouds inside the case... the mobo will get in the way.

Back