• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

From 400 to 561, all from the same ram-WOW!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that's sick... i may have to try an grab some if i can. esp now since i've been thinking of going to intel.

You would think that this stuff (Samsung IC based ram) would work really well with 3.2-3.4 P4s running 220-235. Tight timings at near 4GHz cpu speed. I like it!

thats awsome for realativly stock voltate. its too bad anandtech doesnt really hit the voltatges on memory for their clocking tests. im sure these could go even higher if more than 2.95 was used. ill bet these are hella cherry picked samples though...

Valk said:
thats awsome for realativly stock voltate. its too bad anandtech doesnt really hit the voltatges on memory for their clocking tests. im sure these could go even higher if more than 2.95 was used. ill bet these are hella cherry picked samples though...

i would think the same thing too valk.. but somethings going on under the hood of this memory cause adata pc566 is using the same chips!!! and some of the guys over at extreme systems are getting 320/333 mhz on this stuff at hi voltages.. i always had a soft spot in my heart for the hynix chips. but these chips are really unbelievable

Thats nice, but this is GEIL ram.....about the most unreliable results of any memory company in terms of overclocking consistancy. While it doesn't seem like you have to do much with these IC's to get good results out of them Geil isn't one I'd look to get

Steve

mrspec3 said:
Thats nice, but this is GEIL ram.....about the most unreliable results of any memory company in terms of overclocking consistancy. While it doesn't seem like you have to do much with these IC's to get good results out of them Geil isn't one I'd look to get

Steve

mrspec.. since i trust what u say , i have a question..are those guys over at extreme systems actually getting 320/330 with these samsung chips in the adata ddr566??

flapperhead said:
mrspec.. since i trust what u say , i have a question..are those guys over at extreme systems actually getting 320/330 with these samsung chips in the adata ddr566??

Those results were all on A64 so I would say it's pretty certain those are real #'s...I personally have no reason to doubt them :D

But what timings... the first DDR700 was terrible IMO, 3-5-4 with RAS-to-CAS "5", hell, you can slay something like that with 280MHz 2-2-2 if you do it right.

Nice numbers, indeed :D

K4mui said:
But what timings... the first DDR700 was terrible IMO, 3-5-4 with RAS-to-CAS "5", hell, you can slay something like that with 280MHz 2-2-2 if you do it right.

Nice numbers, indeed :D

one guy has a screenie of pc4000 adata vitesta at 355!!!!. good god ive tested ALOT of this pc4000 stuff and ive never gotten anything anywhere near that speed. thats video card memory speed..

I really havent heard of too many people who have had the luck of receiving chips able to attain 355 fsb though, so with that in mind, i still dont know if i would jump on the bandwaggon too fast. Im looking to stick with athlon xp for now and in march, a 939. the xp surely wont do 300 fsb and the 939 is still iffy but more possible. i wonder though, if the microns with mad *** voltages will be able to compete with this ram. I have a soft spot for micron. always have put out high quality ram and every benchy i see with micron chips is at like... 2.9 volts. of course... i really wont rain on geils parade here, 561 on voltage most motherboards will provide is damn sick.. i would kill if ram would do that for me. wonder what these will cost though? for me, balistix still looks damn nice.

flapperhead said:
one guy has a screenie of pc4000 adata vitesta at 355!!!!. good god ive tested ALOT of this pc4000 stuff and ive never gotten anything anywhere near that speed. thats video card memory speed..

Uff, that's indeed gorgeous... video card memory speed it is, but probably the same timings... :rolleyes: which we know to be bad... and A64 seems to like timings again- what a luck

K4mui said:
Uff, that's indeed gorgeous... video card memory speed it is, but probably the same timings... :rolleyes: which we know to be bad... and A64 seems to like timings again- what a luck

i just got a answer back from one of the guys at extreme who got like 350 outta his pc4000 vitesta, i asked what chips (ct-d5)cause, ive tested ALOT of hi speed chips in the last year. from bt-d43 to ct-d5 to bt-d5 and i NEVER gotten anywhere near those crazy speeds. the fastest stick ive EVER tested was a 256 stick of simpletech pc4000 nitro. it went 310 which i thought was crazy.

Back