• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Couple quik questions before I setup WC.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slaya

Hey, I just got my last part and want to verify on a few things before I begin setting it up. First of, the Via Aqua 1300, comes with 1/2" barb and 2 3/8" barbs will I need to buy another 1/2", oh and it pushes water out the top and sucks from the side right. Another thing, the T-Line, I wan't it to be at the top, but where in the loop should it go? I hear inlet of the pump? but I don't think it would be at the top that way..

Edit: one more thing, the bigger pipe on the Chevette heater core should be used as inlet, right? so that it can cool more water..??

Last edited:
slaya said:
Hey, I just got my last part and want to verify on a few things before I begin setting it up. First of, the Via Aqua 1300, comes with 1/2" barb and 2 3/8" barbs will I need to buy another 1/2", oh and it pushes water out the top and sucks from the side right. Another thing, the T-Line, I wan't it to be at the top, but where in the loop should it go? I hear inlet of the pump? but I don't think it would be at the top that way..

Edit: one more thing, the bigger pipe on the Chevette heater core should be used as inlet, right? so that it can cool more water..??
Yes the pump inlet is on the side and pushes water out. I don't know about the barbs. The T-line is usually placed at the pump inlet to aid in filling, it does not have to be in the highest point of the system. The bubbles should eventually work themselves out. If you need to, you can turn your computer on it's side.

thanks for the info, I heard that one of them was better for something.. ah I forgot..

nope, makes no difference performancewize...theres no reason it should.
(edit) Actually, one side on my heatercore has more flowpaths than the other, in theorey the hotter water would want to be on that side, but the amount of cooling that it would help would be nil. But it helps in theory :)
(/edit)

Back