• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC4000 Corsair

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer36

This One

Is this memory any good with overclocking? If so this would be my first time buying expensive memory. Or should i go with the Low Latency PC3200? Im running a 2.8 Prescott, currently im using 512 PC3200 Kingston Value Ram. Or if there is some other RAM im missing feel free to say it.

Thanks,
Archer

That's the same memory I'm presently running in my IC7-G with my m0 2.4C northie. Mine is good for 265 fsb in DC @ 1:1 ratio and 2.85v. You should be good to go with that 2.8 P4.

I'm presently waiting for a twin pack of OCZ PC4400 EL Gold I found in Newegg's refurb department to come in. It was selling for $165 when I ordered it Thursday. I'll move my XMS4000 over to an IS7 folding rig with a 2.6C when I get the OCZ stuff in.

EDIT: I just looked at the Egg and they still have that OCZ memory I ordered in the refurb section for $165.50 in stock, if you want to take a chance with their refurbs. I've had nothing but good results buying refurb stuff from them but YMMV. Anandtech has rated the OCZ PC4400 EL Gold as one of the 2 highest overclocking DDR memories for high fsb usage, the other company being some memory from a company in Canada.

Last edited:
Great, how much could i sell my old PC3200 Kingston for do u guys think? Because thats the only way ill get the good stuff.

Last edited:
flapperhead said:
i saw those, please post how hi u can get the fsb with the ocz.. its supposed to be the fastest out there..

Sure, I'll post back after dropping the OCZ in my IC7-G. I should be able to find how high it overclocks because I've had my 2.4 C at over 3500 running 5:4, but I was losing too much performance running asynchronous.

Also i just saw the memory you were talking about the 4400, it says "Optimized for high speed applications on the Intel I865/I875 chipset" i have the I875 does it really make a difference? Because that seems like a really good deal.

Back