• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Almost ready to go, a few questions for you guys though...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Furd_Terguson

Well I've been reading the stickies here and elsewhere on the web regarding watercooling of course and I'm ready to take the plunge. Here are my specs:

P4 3.0C @ Stock
Asus P4P800 Deluxe
1024 Corsair XMS PC3500
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB @ Stock
M-Audio Revolution
2 x 36.7GB Raptors RAID 0
NEC 2500A DVD Burner
Lite-On 52x32x52 CD-RW
Antec True 480 PSU

This will all be going into my Antec case (think Cheiftec Mid-Tower), and here are the WC parts I've decided on:

DD12V-D4 Pump
DD Single Heatercore w/ 2 shourds
MAZE4GPU Block
D-Tek WW or DD TDX (The WW is out of stock, but regardless which do you guys think?)
Tygon 1/2" Tubing
4x Panaflo 80mm M1A's for case cooling, 2x Panaflo 120mm M1A's on the RAD
T-Line set-up, and metal clamps as well.

If it wouldn't be too much strain on my PSU, I was considering adding my 80GB Music HD and 200GB Movie HD into this rig. What do you guys think?

Finally, how will I actually mount the RAD and the pump? It's all going in the case so I can use it at LAN's and such. Thanks guys, I appreciate any help.

I have

Furd_Terguson said:
Finally, how will I actually mount the RAD and the pump? It's all going in the case so I can use it at LAN's and such. Thanks guys, I appreciate any help.

Have a drill? Thats what I used mounting mine...I have seen pics of people using zipties to mount the rad and sticky stuff on the pump... I would avoid doing those though.

Furd_Terguson said:
DD Single Heatercore w/ 2 shourds
What do you mean by 2 Shrouds, Push Pull? For mounting the heater core, what I do is put two 5 inch screws under the rad for it to sit on, then zip tie the top to my case, and so far it works great. My Fans are mounted on the shrouds with duct tape, but I dont think you will have that problem.

Here is a shot of my case and how it is setup for being moveable to lans and that sort of thing.

http://webpages.charter.net/chew_toy/1/WB6l.jpg

Here is a list of what I have installed in it right now.
IC7 Max3
2 maxtor 200gb sata raid0
1 WD 200 ida
1 Plextor 708 dvd burner
1 Pioneer slot load dvd player
2 WinTV-PVR-250
1 WinTV-PVR-350
1 SB 2zs
1 Radeon 9800 AIW

Last edited:
All it takes is a little planning and measuring before you start so that everything fits the way you want it to. I got everything in I wanted and its self contained. I just dont have much room to spare.

Yeah I was planning on drilling them into place, just wanted to hear some other options. As for the shrouds, I was planning a push/pull config.

The case is actually this one:http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-124&depa=0

It's fairly spacious, and I plan on removing the lower hard drive cage in order to fit the Rad. As far as adding the other hard drives, so you guys think it would work with the PSU? I was gonna get some adapters and mount them in my two remaining 5.25" bays.

I've been reading about the Swiftech CPU block, what do you all think? And finally, in what percent should I mix my cooling solution? 90/10 (Distilled Water/Water Wetter)? Thanks guys.

lazua said:
Have a drill? Thats what I used mounting mine...I have seen pics of people using zipties to mount the rad and sticky stuff on the pump... I would avoid doing those though.

I am not sure about the DD cores but... #4x32 ( i think thats what its called) rods are great for mounting the cores.. get some nuts, and cut the rods down to whatever size you need.. Lowes sells them in 6 inch sizes.

I believe that in your setup the mcw6002 would perform about the same as the TDX with the #4 or #5 plate installed, I think the #4 would be a lil worse and the #5 a lil better but from best to worst would prob be less than 1°c difference in cpu temps. On procoolings test results it looks like its about 1.5gpm where the TDX w #5 plate pulls ahead of the mcw6002 and that is about the area I would guess your final flo will end up. If its higher the TDX will do better if its less the swifty should do a lil better.

Personally I like the looks of the TDX/RBX better so that would be my choice, some would go with the swifty because its about $10 cheaper. Also I believe that you could add the WW in there too as far as temps go I think all 3 would be within 1°c of each other.

For addative I like the zerex racing coolant even tho it does leave a residue on my tubes it is thinner than anti-freeze and doersnt smell bad like water wetter.

Furd_Terguson said:
As for the shrouds, I was planning a push/pull config
If i were you I would not use the Push Pull, its been proven though these forums that at the most it makes a 1C difference, but if can put up the noise I would do it. From what I can tell that is a all copper set up so that ratio would be a good one.

Back