• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Status Bar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

medo145

i was wondering if there was a way to have windows show the status bar on my folders
i go to view ->status bar and its there, i can close it and open it again and its there but when i restart its gone
can i make it permanent?

With "Status Bar" checked, under the "View" menu...My Computer | Folder Options | "View" tab | "Apply to All Folders" button.

i have a folder on my comp called pictures, with several folders in it representing the months, and folders in each of them representing the days. is there a way to make these all be viewed as a filmstrip by default??

Right click your "Pictures" folder and select "Properties" | "Customize" tab | Under "Use this folder type as a template", select "Pictures (best for many files)" from the drop down menu | Put a check mark next to "Also apply this template to all subfolders" | Open your "Pictures" folder | Select View-->Filmstrip.

I have a folder on my comp called pictures
Are you referring to a "Pictures" folder you created, or the My Pictures folder under...

C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\My Documents\My Pictures...?

and when i select all the months at once and do properties, then there is a customize tab, but when i select picture folder and check apply to subfolders, it doest apply it to subfolders. oh well, ill do it all individually.

Start | Run | Type regedit, and click OK. Expand the ShellNoRoam Key in order to expose the subkeys...under the following Registry branch:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Windows | ShellNoRoam | BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Windows | ShellNoRoam | Bags

...and delete the BagMRU and Bags subkeys (in the LH pane). Make sure to back up/export the two Keys before deleting them, then reboot.

Windows forgets folder settings. Use this and it will remember.

I think SP2 fixes the problem as well.

Attachments

• FolderSettingsREMEMBERED.zip
    358 bytes · Views: 33
relaed question---> i have a movies folder with many subfolders that each contain TV episodes. is there an easy way to set all the folders to display the same columns (duration, size, etc) with identical widths in details mode?

If you change the top level folder and appy changes to all sub folders. There is a tab under properties. otherwise I would suppose you could unhide the folders settings files and just copy it. might not work though?

Back