• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Single Sided 512MB modules anywhere???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdking

I am looking for some decent cheap 512MB modules, that possibly have those Samsung TCCD chips or equivilant on them.
I got some cheap Samsung TCCC PC3200 2x512MB single sided and I have not been able to find any single sided modules anywhere else.
Anyone else know of any?
Thanks

right now those chips are rare. there is already a thread about these chips. they are in the new pqi pc3200(2.2.2.5)and sell for relatively cheap (245.00.).one of our guys here (reefa man) bought some and is going to test them as soon as they come in. u might want to wait and see how reefa's tests turn out..

what parts rare, the TCCD or the single sided 512MB modules? part hehe

The TCCD chips are limited right now, as production does not appear to be cranked up yet, and SS 512 sticks are rare as well, the only one that I know of is the Crucial PC3200 ending in the coding ".8T" and according to the AnandTech review of the Corsair ultra low latency PC3200 done in conjuction with the Samsung PC4000, the Samsung (with the TCCD ICs) are single-sided, but they were 256 sticks, not 512. There are several of these new PC3200 that come in single-sided 256 sticks, but no mention of a 512 anywhere.

yeah the 256 single sided seem to be fairly common. Surprised I even got these in my rig, they came with it.
Im just wondering if there are better. I hear the Athlon 64 likes single sided much more then double sided. - it appears to be true with mine.
Thats why Im after these.

Back