• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump allowing Air in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer36

Ok for a long time now ive been hearing my Hydor L30 make this nosie like there is air going thought it, i just flushed and added 10% Antifreze to the systme 4 days ago so all the bubles have worked their way out. I always twist the HC to get air out until i cant hear waer going though. But today i looked at the outlet of my pump and I can see small not micro bubbles going up, from what I can see there is no air in the inlet of the pump, and that air is making its way into my HC . also when I turn my pump off i can see tons and tons of micro bubles coming out of the outlet of the pump, adventually they will stop but as soon as i turn on the pump they come right back.

Thanks,
Archer

Attachments

• bubbles.jpg
    bubbles.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
possibly...is there any leaking at all? if so, the water going out of a sealed system creates a vaccume, and air will come in to replace the water...your pump may be the perfect place for that.

Or maybe your pump hold a-lot of air in it, and its slowly mixing in...doubtful but possible. if i knew anything at all abouit hte pump i could probly help a bit more, but i'm using a maxijet because i'm poor :(

There is no leak at all, upon closer look at the output of the res i can see a small amount of air coming in but a lot more is going out. I can bleed the air out of the system but then it comes right back, and my fluid level is the same so i really have no idea whats going on. On a side note, I got me a new Hoyt (found Here) Bow good for hunting!

Well i was looking at my res and i took the top off wile the pump was running (hoping it would not fly out) and there is a ton of turblence in there creating lots of air, and from what i can tell that air may being sucked down the intake for the pump. So im going to try a bigger res.

Back