• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for certain app:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkitt10

im needing an application that basically troubleshoots bad boots

for example there was this computer that would give a bsod after showing desktop

we could go into safe mode though, so i was looking for an app that could be run to see what the bad program is making us crash (program/driver/firmware...etc...)

so i tried bootvis but it couldnt be installed under safe mode, do u guys know an app i could use that works under safe mode?

have you just tried booting under safe mode and using windows uninstall to take out any "questionable" programs? that would be my first stab at it. alot of time spyware and adware comes popping out when you do that too. *remembers my last stroll through windows progarm uninstall* after i uninstalled 5 programs that i never okay-ed to install in the first place adaware and spybot found 10 traces and software after that. i dont know how much this helps but maybe it will solve your problem. good luck buddy ^_^

we unchecked all of the start up in msconfig and we took out the un needed services

i just wanted a program to tell me what driver went heiweirer...we figured out bad mobo but still id like a pogram to use for next time

Back