• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can the PSU hadle everything?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What does this have to do with water cooling?

Anyways... I think you'll be fine, just bearly though. If you want to be safe go out and get yourself a 500 watt psu.

sorry i have been working on pumps and was wondering if the dual pumps would add to much for the PSU. If it is to much i was thinking of using an old PSU i have laying around.

may be worth your effort to put your pumps and optical drives on another psu.

or pumps and fans.

A question for you:

You are water cooling this computer and using dual 12 volt pumps?

I ask because you did not say so in the first post and I just want to check that the thread is in the right area. :)

Edit: Doh. ;) I just saw the
2 x DD D4s

Last edited:
I don't like Enermax much, but with the dual 12v lines it should be fine. The 2 D4's suck about 18W each and 2a or so. I don't believe that mobo has any OC abiltiy, so you should be OK. Try it out and see. I have my PSU (in sig) powering:

10 120mm fans
4 80mm fans
4 IDE HD's
2 DVD-RW's
1 Floppy (whoopie!)
3 D4's
2 cold Cathodes
and a serious OC.

rogerdugans said:
A question for you:

You are water cooling this computer and using dual 12 volt pumps?

I ask because you did not say so in the first post and I just want to check that the thread is in the right area. :)

Sorry i should have stated that in the first post. I am thinking of running 2 D4 in my system. If i cant run it then i am ether going to get a second PSU or i will try to find the iwaki MD-20RZT

First of all, here is a class A psu, secound of all read this article,

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=252752

the gist of it, is that a grade A psu at 300W, is probably going to put out more power than a generic 600W psu. Simular instances occure in the car audio world, with ebay amps claiming to put out 1000W of juice max, for only $50, (where they most likely do about 20.)

With the MB and cpu being on a seperate 12v lines with 14a available for the fans drives and pumps you should have no problems because of the pumps. The only thing I would wonder at all about is if the 15a is enough for the MB and CPUs.

Back