• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help with some martial art school managing software.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

themeecer

I posted the following on a pocket pc message board and decided to try my luck here. Maybe someone else has been in that situation or have the same problem as I.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been searching for the past few hours for some software to manage my martial arts school. We have no office nor a pc at our school so I figured my pocket pc and IR keyboard would be a powerful approach to my problem. I have found a few (overly priced ones) for a desktop but none for a pocket pc. I even tried to search for general gym managing programs. It then occured to me that I could use MS Access. I had used it briefly in a job I had but my knowledge is below basic. I have searched for a template for what I need and haven't came across anything.

Can someone guide me in the direction I need to go?

Here is what info I want contained:

1. Name
2. Sex
3. Date of Birth
4. Age
5. Street Address
6. City
7. State
8. Zip
9. Home phone
10. Emergency (alternate) phone
11. Parent's name
12. Family Physician
13. Physician's phone
14. List of medical conditions (This would be a memo field)
15. Date started classes
16. Rank (Need a drop down menu of our various ranks)

The remaining three fields are a little more difficult and access may not be able to handle it.
17. Next Test date (This time span varies in length due to the rank of the student)
18. Test fee due
19. Fees paid (This would need to be charged monthly on the date of start and allow leeway for students that fall behind in dues .. I want a record of how far behind they are)

Also a way to take class attendance that would be updated into each student's record would be needed as well.

Any info to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Sorry to be such a noob in this area .. I have never had to address it before. I checked out a few books on access today and am working through them.

Back