• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing windows on a SATA hard drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beanfondler

Registered
I have been putting my new computer together today. When I'd finished that I booted up windows, I have a SATA hard drive so when it started to boot I pressed F6 so I could install the SATA drivers that came with my motherboard, so that windows would recognize it. After that everything went smoothly after it had finished the formating and what not it restarted and began the installation, once it reached the device registering phase out came the blue screen of death. It said that there was a problem with ftsata2.sys and that "driver unloaded without canceling pending operations." Is there something wrong with the drivers that I had installed? I am not sure what information is needed or even if i am in the right forum, but any heal would be great.

Which OS are you trying to install, and what board do you have? Your complete system specs might also be helpful.

I am installing windows xp pro. Here are my specs.

MB: MSI K8T NEO2-FIR
Hard drive: Maxtor 200 GB SATA
Memory: Corsair XMS 1GB (2 x 512)
CPU: AMD64 3500+, (939)
VC: Powercolor/ati X800 Pro

After a few more tries and the same thing happened, I reformated the hard drive and tried out the Max Blast3 boot/driver disk from Maxtor, but it says that it can't load "A:\IBMDOS.COM" so that didn't work. Is there something i can do to make it so I can load that file, and install the drivers?

How would I find out which controller the drive is connected to, in bios? I'm fairly certain I used the latest bios, but I'll test it out.

I just figured it out, the file that was causing the problems was in the RAID drivers. So I decided not to install the raid drivers, and that fixed the problem. Simple fix, thanks for hte help. If only weren't such sweet sweet noob candy.

Back