• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Command Rate 1t vs 2t .. will it affect other timings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdking

I am wondering...will I be able to get better timings by setting command rate of default 1t to 2t?
right now I can do 2.5 3 3 11 with this memory
will 2t allow me to lower those timings anymore?
also which one will make a bigger impact on performance...lower timings or 1t vs 2t command rate?
Thanks
Im running A64 CG, Samsung PC3200 generic stuff.

The best way to tell, really, is to play with your settings. Double sided modules (I'm assuming you're running 2x512mb, and the 512mb are double sided) usually do much better with a command rate of 2t. Use a couple different benchmarks, notably Sandra and 3DMark2001, to get a rough idea of what going from 1t to 2t does. Then mess with your other timings, find your best speed/timings at 2t, and see if it stacks up to your scores at 1t.

Best way I can think of to find out.

Changing cmd rate from 1T to 2T took about 700 points off 3dmark 2k1 and 600MB/s in sandra memory. Soooo I would say leave it at 1T for sure

Steve

In my experience all that going from 1t to 2t did was allow me to reach higher clockspeed. at 1t I couldn't even reach DDR 420, but with 2t I was able to reach DDR 504, which makes up for the performance drop but eventually I will get new modules that can do that speed at 1t.

I actually got single sided ones =P, pretty rare for 512MB module I guess

1T is faster than 2T, but it generally limits your overclock with double-sided sticks. I still run 1T though with mine because I can do it at a high FSB (240) with 2.5-3-3 and at the same time almost max out my processor. It can go higher with 2T FSB wise, although from what I've seen switching to 2T still doesn't allow me to lower the tRCD and tRP much.

Back