• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston Value Ram...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Would these chips generaly hit 240FSB with a 1:1 ratio? I know all chips are differant, but for the most part are they able to go this high with enough voltage?

Kingston ValueRam comes in many flavors (different chips). Depending on whether it has IC(s) made by Hynix, Micron, Winbond, Samsung, Infenion, etc., the answer could be different. If you have a specific stick(s) or ram that you are asking about, post the coding actually on the chips and someone may have experience with that specific kvr.

I don't have them yet, i am planning on buying them on Newegg.com. Is there anyway i can request a certain memory chip??

you can't really request crtain chips, but you can research and find out which type of ram has the best chance of having the chips that you want...

I have 2x 512MB KVR PC3200, currently running @ 231mhz, 2.8v 2.5-3-3-7 timings 1:1. I'm sure they have more in them, but I have no need to push any harder.

I got two 512MB sticks of pc2700 value ram with hynix bt-d43 chips on them. Schweet.

The KVR stuff with Hynix BT-D43 is awesome. If you find that, get it. I know several people with that RAM and can run 260+ speeds. But, that's not what you'll probably get it you order from newegg.com right now. Read my recent post of what you'll typically get right now if you order KVR PC2700.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=323345

If you want the good stuff, go to circuit city or best buy and look at the chips. Office max keeps their ram in a safe in the back and not on the store floor.

I decided just to order some Geil PC3200 ram. I don't like going to retail stores because they charge outragous prices.

is KVR pretty good bang for the buck? im planin to grab a budget 2x512 combo pc3200.

While your mileage may vary, the 2X512 KVR PC2700 that I recently got for a buddy's budget rig did DDR450 max. Scroll up and check out my earlier post. I listed a link if you want to read more details. I have never seen any KVR PC2700 that won't do at least DDR400 and most will do PC3500 speeds. I'd say that's a pretty good bargain.

Its hit and miss. I bought a 2x512 pc3200 from kingston for 60 AR which i still havent got in 3 months. They top out at 207 each no matter the timings or voltage. Tested in an an7 and m a64 system and my soltek. I also have 2x256 d43s that do 225 tops.

Sentential said:
Runnin 2 packs of KVR:

mT -5BC (3-2-2-11) @ 2.9v @ 237mhz
Hynix BT-D43 (3-4-4-11) @ 2.7v @ 261.7mhz

That chips are in the ocz EB, right? They perform the same? (in sandra, oc, etc)

They perform exactally the same. In fact this batch is better than most EB ironically lol.

All you gotta do it find good chips, its not that hard. However the very best thing to get is Hynix. Hynix is tried and true and is extradionarly versitile RAM.

Back