• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Internet Security Suite?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoOtDaWg

Registered
I've recently upgraded my systme and need to know what you guys think is the best Internet Security/Virus Protection application out there. I've read fevorable reviews for Norton Internet Security Suite. Please help me out ya'll I need to know soon so I can get everything finished on my new box.

Thanks,

MooTDawg

I've used Norton Internet Security for years with no problems. But really the only thing that NIS has over Norton Firewall is that NIS blocks ads, well most adds. If Norton Firewall is cheaper I'd go for that.

Just steer clear of Mcafee ISS6.0. CPU hog in a half and its plagued with bugs that they really have no intention of fixing now. But they do say when you renew your subscription, you will get Mcafee ISS7.0 which fixes all the problems that 6.0 has. What a joke. $80 to buy 6.0 and only to finds 2 out of 4 programs work anywheres close to the way they are supposed to and the other 2 screw your system up. Their idea of tech support is to uninstall and reinstall. Read their message boards once. LOTS of people having the same problems with various systems set-ups. When their moderators do try to help, its like trying to decipher hierogriphics. Sorry not everyone is an IT guy/gal and I am not to keen on screwing with the registry.

Back