• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Komusa's PC4200 HyperRam

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Catalan

Has anyone tested these modules because I'm looking for some cheap ram that will achieve high fsb with timings like 2.5/3-2-2-11. If so could you please list your fsb,timings,voltage, system specs, etc. Thanks in advance.

the komusa hyperram wont do those timings. the best that it will do is like 2.3.3.5 up to about 215/220 mhz. its really designed for hi fsb 1-1 at 2.5.4.4.7 or 3.4.4.8.

u might want to look at the ocz eb series or mybe the newer models coming out with the tccd samsung chips..

How high are you wanting to go? Using those listed timings on ram with the new Samsung chips will probably get you, based on the Anandtech review of these modules, somewhere in the 217-225 range, dropping to 2.5-3-3-11 would get you 240-250. PQI (see thread) has a PC3200 with these chips (if their representations made to one of the members are correct) that goes for $245/ 2x512 sticks, or $128 for 2x256, which in today's market, while not value ram pricing, is certainly reasonable.

Yeah, I'm not really looking to spend a whole lot since it's going into my 3rd rig. I'm probably going to get 2x256 for that one. Btw Reefa, you got a pm!

flapperhead said:
the komusa hyperram wont do those timings. the best that it will do is like 2.3.3.5 up to about 215/220 mhz. its really designed for hi fsb 1-1 at 2.5.4.4.7 or 3.4.4.8.

I would agree with flapperhead. Just got 2 x 512 sticks of this and at 276fsb the best timings I could get is 3.4.4.8
The good news is that I am certain that this mem could go higher than 276, the bad news is that I cant go any lower than 14 on my multiplier.

Yeah, this ram isn't about tight timings, it's much more about uber-FSB's at 1:1. My pair of 512mb Komusa ADATA PC-4200 sticks completed 30+ hours of Memtest at 292FSB 1:1 at 3-4-4-8 on a lively little 2.4C that I sold recently :)

The best I can do with them now is about 2.5-3-4-7 at 247FSB (limited by my 3.0C processor.) They perform much better at uber speeds tho...

Albuquerque said:
Yeah, this ram isn't about tight timings, it's much more about uber-FSB's at 1:1. My pair of 512mb Komusa ADATA PC-4200 sticks completed 30+ hours of Memtest at 292FSB 1:1 at 3-4-4-8 on a lively little 2.4C that I sold recently :)

The best I can do with them now is about 2.5-3-4-7 at 247FSB (limited by my 3.0C processor.) They perform much better at uber speeds tho...

292.. wow u cant ask much more than that. AND for only 257.00. i have a set of 2x256 shikaxram pc4400 that i paid top dollar (185.00) and i dont think they run any faster than that....

tested a 2.4C while i was troubleshooting my 3.0C and ran it at full load for a bit (until I figured out what my problem was) 275 1:1 with the adata brand and no heat spreaders. Once I get a new case I will make it my second rig and test it further. This is at 2.7 or 2.8 volts. 3-4-4-8. Thanks to flapper for recommending it and helping me find it. when do you guys find you need heatspreaders?

I bought some of the all-copper heatspreaders seperately from Komusa (so that I could install them myself). I removed all the crappy double-sided tape, carefully installed them with some decent thermal compound, and netted a decrease in stable speed. I had a small fan pointed straight at the spreaders, and they stayed relatively cool, but they didn't help.

Also take into consideration that when my board says 2.85 in the bios setting, it's really sending about 3.05 actual. That seems to be the absolute sweet spot for this ram...

Albuquerque said:
I bought some of the all-copper heatspreaders seperately from Komusa (so that I could install them myself). I removed all the crappy double-sided tape, carefully installed them with some decent thermal compound, and netted a decrease in stable speed. I had a small fan pointed straight at the spreaders, and they stayed relatively cool, but they didn't help.

Also take into consideration that when my board says 2.85 in the bios setting, it's really sending about 3.05 actual. That seems to be the absolute sweet spot for this ram...

yep i didnt seem to need any heat spreadders on mine either, and yes 3.05 is the spot for this ram i found..

Back