• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So my watercooling is at 50C load...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bon3thugz43v3r

Well, its been atleast 6 months since the last time I changed out the water in my looop, and this time I'm looking to maybe upgrade my waterblock. Currenty I have a Maze 3 with a lexan top, that I have been running for 6 months and I'm kinda worried about the top cracking. I figure since I need to change out the water and the clean the dust out of my rad/fans, this would be a good oppurtunity to pick myself up a new block. I havent read anything about watercooling in a long time so....can anyone give me some blocks that are performing good now a days?

BTW : I have 1/2 tubbing and the block can only have one inlet and one outlet.

The Swiftech MCW6002 is the top performer right now... The D-tek WW is also a good choice and includes a "Y" adaptor so it will work with your current setup.

Cyrix_2k said:
The Swiftech MCW6002 is the top performer right now...

Maybe a top performer but not the...
read this.

Honestly your best choice right now if you're looking at 1 inlet 1 outlet and awesome performance without making your pump cry for mercy, I'd suggest the DangerDen TDX. Probably the most modern 1 inlet 1 outlet block today.

Compared to the C/W of .19 on the White Water, the TDX carries a C/W of .14.

Should slash a few degrees off your temperatures.
-Fyberwire

Fyberwire said:
Maybe a top performer but not the...

Compared to the C/W of .19 on the White Water, the TDX carries a C/W of .14.

Should slash a few degrees off your temperatures.
-Fyberwire
Where do you get your info? C/W of .19 for the WW was attained using a totally different test bed and can NOT be compared to the .14 of the TDX. JoeC has not even tested the WW. You realize what you have said is that on a 100W CPU, the TDX would outperform the WW by 5C, which is absolutely false. I suggest you get your data from procooling in regards to block performance, IMO pHaestus' test bed is better than JoeC's. If you use this interactive WB comparer, you will see that the WW actually outperforms the TDX and the RBX and the MCW6000/6002 is right in line with the best.

*Edit* forgot the interactive WB link: http://www.procooling.com/html/pro_testing.php

Last edited:
Umm yeah. The WW is better than the TDX (I'm too lazy to link to some graphs) and the Swiftech MCW6000 is the current *currently availabe to consumers*best performer, followed by the MCW6002 which is the same design as the 6000, but 1/2". The current best block out there would be the storm G4 which is in my avatar, but it's not available to the public.

Well it is hard to find a vendor of the MCW6002 that has any of the blocks in stock. I have been looking for a few weeks now and notta.

Ok, i used the graph thing, and i have the Maze 4 and i checked that and the Swifty, the Swifty 6002 was lower well a lot lower on the graph, and i have no idea how to read this, is that good or bad. Im wondering cause i dont think my block preforms good.

Archer36 said:
Ok, i used the graph thing, and i have the Maze 4 and i checked that and the Swifty, the Swifty 6002 was lower well a lot lower on the graph, and i have no idea how to read this, is that good or bad. Im wondering cause i dont think my block preforms good.
The lower on the graph, the better.

So, if some one could actually read the graph, what kind of difference would i see in temps if i got the 6002, i know you really can't tell until i actually try it. I guess the real question is how bad is my block, lol

Archer36 said:
So, if some one could actually read the graph, what kind of difference would i see in temps if i got the 6002, i know you really can't tell until i actually try it. I guess the real question is how bad is my block, lol
I'd say you'd get a 5c drop easy

I would say you would get 2~4°c drop in cpu temps, since the Maze4 flos quite a bit more water at a given pump pressure its hard to tell exact differences from the graphs.

The only gripe I have with either Joes or PHs testing is that Joe tests at 1gpm and PH gives a curve with varrying florates. It would be easier to compare block to block if they would give a common reading of all blocks at a common pressue and just say what the flo was at that pressure. I believe bot test beds give good results but make it hard to judge which is best in a system which will have a set max pressure and that will determine the actual flo through the blocks.

One kind of like PH did here on the nozzle test of the TDX.

Last edited:
Back