• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duh question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When I hit Print Screen, nothing happens. I dont get anything to save to a file. It is just a regular PS/2 keyboard, nothing fancy.

It doesn't tell you it did anything. Just hit the PrtScn button, then open up paint and press CTRL-V and blamo there's the screen.

...or Open up Paint and click on Edit then Paste, this will paste the picture you took into the paint program. Remember this can only be used once, the Print Screen Key is not a multi-capture program. You can press Print Screen again and paste again but not in multiples.
Hmm did I explain this right... lol

Last edited:
And if you want ONLY the active window (like you said in your first post), press Alt+Print Screen. Then just paste it into paint or something like outlined above :)

JigPu

JigPu said:
And if you want ONLY the active window (like you said in your first post), press Alt+Print Screen. Then just paste it into paint or something like outlined above :)

JigPu

thanx for the tip, i always used to print screen the whole screen, and then crop it in paint

ps. is there any ways of capturing the mouse pointer as well?

Let me help you to make it easier by giving you a list of FREE programs that can do wondrous captures anyway you want them. :p

Screen Hunter ;)

Multiple Ones ;)

Another One ;)

And the one I use :thup: is embedded in JASC software's Paint Shop Pro, you can find older versions for free but I beta test their software and am currently on version 9, you can download the beta after signing up and can use it too!
These programs allow you to choose whether or not you see the cursor, capture whole screen, active, inactive, etc.

Back