• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My mobo only see half of my mem stick?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jenko

I have been setting up my old rig from the attic, as it only had 32mb of pc100 i have been out and got a extra 128mb of pc100.
But my motherboard only see`s 64mb of it is this a comman problem with pc100 and old motherboards.

Does the ram have chips on both sides of the stick? Some older boards wont see half of High Density Ram(Chips only on one side). In which case you would need low density (chips on both sides).

jenko said:
I have been setting up my old rig from the attic, as it only had 32mb of pc100 i have been out and got a extra 128mb of pc100.
But my motherboard only see`s 64mb of it is this a comman problem with pc100 and old motherboards.

with some old chipsets u have to match the sticks with the same amount of ram

Yeah chips are all on one side i will ring the shop up monady to see if i can swap it.

Just updated to tthe latest bios but still the same.
I just read in my mobo manual that it only supports memory that has chips on both sides.

Back